When it comes to the Legal issue of Paternity there are several frequently asked questions:
The father is not employed and has no money to pay any Child Support. Why should I even bother proving he is the father?
If you don't prove he is the father, your child(ren) will not be able to get any Child Support or any financial assistance they are entitled to after he gets a job. Establishing he is the father as soon as possible makes it easier to collect Child Support in the future.
What if the father lives in another State, can Paternity be established?
Yes. A genetic test can be requested from any Court from any State. Or the father can volunteer and sign a 'Declaration of Paternity' declaring he is the father of the child(ren).
Determining the Paternity of a child today has become both simpler and increasingly complex: with the advent of DNA testing making proof easier, while sperm bank donors and Second Parent Adoptions, making it more complicated.
Legal or non-legal factors may include:
- Judgments of Paternity
- DNA testing
- Sperm bank and frozen embryo donors
- In-vitro fertilization
- Step-Parent Adoption
- Grandparent or other relative guardianships
- Parent de facto cases
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- International Jurisdiction
- Domestic Child Abduction/Removal of Child
Our Attorneys are skilled at helping clients with Paternity Legal issues and making the process as civil and polite as possible. This will save you both time and money. However, if the Opposing Side does not hold these ideals in high regard, we will be prepared to litigate at trial as zealously as necessary.
When you consult with our Family Law Firm, you will be getting:
- Legal advice and counsel based on 28 years of experience
- A Certified Family Law Specialist by the State of California
- Access to any outside resources needed such as psychologists, mediators, analysts, forensic CPA, private investigators
- An Attorney who is committed to community service
FAQs prior to your Initial Consultation.
- A welcoming, child friendly office filled with toys
- Attorneys who are well respected by many Judges in many counties and within the legal community.