Children are the biggest victims in Divorce. Since 1990 Attorney B J Fadem has been representing children in high conflict cases by being appointed by the Judge of Superior Court or sought out by an Attorney for their client. Representing minor child(ren) throughout Northern California from Santa Clara County, Alameda County, Santa Cruz County, San Mateo County, San Francisco County and San Benito County; to name a few.
A common question asked is:
Can I request an Attorney to represent the interests of my child(ren) while I am going through my Divorce?
Depending on the case, Attorney B J Fadem completely investigates on behalf of the child(ren). An initial meeting(s) is set with the minor child(ren). B J Fadem will then meet with the parents, get input from psychologists, Court, review the files, make school visits, talk with teachers, doctors, therapists, and anyone who is involved in the welfare of the child(ren).
Attorney B J Fadem is the child(ren)'s Representative and has the power to file Motions in the Court and make recommendations to the Court on the child(ren)'s behalf. The child(ren) can reach B J Fadem 24/7 for any reason. If any emergency arises, our staff will immediately locate and advise Attorney B J Fadem of the situation. The welfare of the child(ren) takes priority in our Family Law Firm.
Being a Minors' Counsel is not the same as defending a juvenile in Criminal or Dependency Court. A juvenile is a defendant charged with crimes or who is neglected or out of the control of their parents. Minors' Counsel is appointed by the Court to represent the child(ren) in a high-conflict Divorce or Dissolution. Minors' Counsel can also be requested be an Attorney or self represented party to represent the child(ren) in a high conflict case.
Attorney B J Fadem's experiences include:
- Certified Family Law Specialist in the State of California
- Family Law Advisory Commission of the California State Bar
- Delegate for the California State Bar
- A member of "American Certified Family Law Specialist" (AAML)
- National Association of Child Counsel (NACC)
- Legal advice and counsel based on 28 years experience
- Access to any necessary outside resources needed such as psychologists, investigators, or analysts
- An Attorney who is committed to community service
- Initial Consultation. Please read the FAQs prior to your Initial Consultation.
- A welcoming, child-friendly office filled with toys
- An Attorney who is well-respected by many Judges in many counties and within the legal community