Our Attorneys are skilled at helping clients make the Divorce process as civil and uncomplicated as possible. This will save you both time and money. However, if the Opposing Side does not hold these ideals in high regard, we will be prepared to litigate at trial as zealously as necessary.
One common situation is:
My spouse and I have no children, no house, not much in the way of assets and weren't married long. How do we get a simple Divorce?
If it has been 5 years or less from date of marriage to separation, you have no children, no jointly owned home and little or no assets, you can get a 'Summary Dissolution' by filing a joint 'Petition' together with paying one filing fee.
Common questions are:
I’ve been served with a ‘Summons and Petition for Dissolution’. What do I need to do?
A ‘Response’ has to be filed with the Court within 30 days or a ‘Default’ may be taken against you and everything requested in the ‘Petition’ will be granted as a ‘Judgment’.
How long will it take to get my Divorce?
It will depend on numerous factors and the number of issues involved in your case. However, you cannot obtain a 'Judgment of Divorce' any sooner then 6 months from the date the other party has either been served with the 'Summons and Petition for Dissolution' or has appeared in the case by filing a 'Response' to the 'Petition'.
Can I move out of the State with my child(ren)?
Depends on many factors.
The numerous factors may include:
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property Division & Characterization
- Domestic Violence
- Restraining Orders
- International Jurisdiction
Delays may also include:
*Discovery (getting) formal information from the other side
*if Custody is contested and needs to be pursued through an 'Assessment' or 'Custody Evaluation'
*Numerous ‘Motions’ necessary to be filed on your behalf because Opposing Party and/or Opposing Attorney refuses to cooperate
*Can take several years. Can ‘bifurcate’
Our Law Firm also handles:
- Mail Order Brides from foreign countries, especially those brought over to the US under false pretenses
- Legal Separations
- Legal advice & counsel based on over 28 years experience
- A Certified Family Law Specialist by the State of California
- Access to any necessary outside resources needed such as psychologists, analysts, forensics CPA, private investigators
- An Attorney who is committed to community service
- Please read the FAQs prior to your Initial Consultation.
- A welcoming, child-friendly office filled with toys
- Attorneys who are well-respected by many Judges in many counties and within the legal community