Custody & Visitation
The Law is about interpretation and communication. When Child Custody and or Visitation becomes a legal issue many factors are taken into consideration. Attorney B J Fadem, with 28 years of experience in Family Law and our Attorneys, do just that.
The Legal Factors may involve:
- Parental Rights
- "Moveaway" Law
- Domestic Violence
- International Jurisdiction
- School, Summer Vacation, Holiday Schedules
- most important:the health & happiness of the Child(ren)
- Grandparents Visitation & or Custody
- Domestic Partners
Our Attorneys are skilled at helping clients with Custody & Visitation and making the process as civil and polite as possible. This will save you both time and money. However, if the Opposing Side does not hold these ideals in high regard, we will be prepared to litigate at trial as zealously as necessary.Common questions asked are:
As a father can I have Custody of my child(ren)?
Can I change a 'Custody Order' I already have from my Divorce?
Only if there has been a substantial change of circumstances.
Can I change the Visitation schedule since my Divorce?
Yes, by showing it's in the best interest of the child(ren).
I haven't lived in California for 6 months. Can I get a 'Custody Order'?
Yes, under certain circumstances California will take 'Emergency Jurisdiction' and issue 'Custody Orders'.
The other parent has obtained a Restraining Order against me. Is that going to affect the issues of Custody of our child(ren)?
It could. A finding of Domestic Violence raises a presumption that it is not in the best interest of the child(ren) for a parent to have Custody, including joint Custody.
At what age can my child(ren) choose which parent they can live with?
There is no specific age. The legal statute states, that when a child(ren) is of an age and appears to be mature, the Court MAY consider the child(ren)'s preference. However, the Court makes the decision as to what is in the child(ren)'s best interest - even though it may not be the child(ren)'s preference regardless of age.
Can I move out of State with my child(ren)?
Depends on many factors.
Seeking sound legal counsel with regard to Child Custody or Visitation is a very important decision. Making the wrong or uninformed decision could cost you your family. Attorney B J Fadem has 28 years experience in Child Custody and Visitation. In addition, Santa Clara County calls upon Attorney B J Fadem to represent children as their legal counsel when the Court determines that the parents are too conflicted. Helping families is what Attorney B J Fadem does.
When you consult with our Family Law Firm, you will be getting:
- Legal advice & counsel based on 28 years of experience
- A Certified Family Law Specialist by the State of California
- Access to any outside resources needed such as psychologists, mediators, analysts, forensics CPA, private investigators
- An Attorney who is committed to community service
- Please read the FAQs prior to your Initial Consultation.
- A welcoming, child friendly office filled with toys
- Attorneys who are well respected by many Judges in many counties and within the legal community